School Improvement through the Arts
The Creative Schools programme connects schools with arts opportunities differently by looking at school improvement first — starting with your school’s needs. For the 2017/18 academic year we are excited to be working with East London schools as part of an integrated Creative Schools Artsmark opportunity.
Artsmark is Arts Council England’s award programme for schools that helps your school to plan, deliver and evaluate a high quality cultural education that supports wider school improvement.
Schools taking part in the Creative Schools Artsmark receive tailored support from arts education experts in East London to align arts and cultural provision with school improvement priorities on the journey towards gaining an Artsmark Award.
Why get involved?
- Tap into support for your school on the Artsmark journey with links into East London’s incredible arts and cultural opportunities without hundreds of emails
- Help fulfil your school’s development plan with high-quality, arts provision targeting your school’s needs
- Access bespoke arts development support from professional arts education experts to commission the right projects for your school from across our network East London arts practitioners and cultural organisations
- Strengthen local links with culture and education leaders on your doorstep
Find out how it works
- Learn about how the Creative Schools Artsmark programme works
- Find answers to your questions with our handy FAQ
- Discover some of the exciting arts projects supporting school needs
Email us to find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org
What teachers are saying…
Really helpful and a good way for schools to see what projects are available all in one go, and then pick what would be most helpful to their school. All without having to send a million emails. – Newham teacher on Creative Schools brokerage
The Creative Schools network has not only inspired us to broaden the Arts activities that we participate in at Churchfields Junior but extended opportunities for our students to work with others across East London in a creative way, providing unique experiences for them all. Joining the network is well worth the additional expenditure and something that we would highly recommend to colleagues. – Wendy Thomas, Headteacher, Churchfields Juniors, Redbridge
The Symposium was absolutely amazing and me and my colleagues were blown away. We had such good fun and it really ignited the spark for us and reminded me why I was so keen to be part of Creative Schools. – Redbridge teacher on Creative Schools Symposium
At a time of great change within the school system, my feeling is that the arts are becoming marginalised and undervalued. Things such as Artsmark open a dialogue with schools and people in the wider creative sector, as opposed to the national curriculum which is very much a conversation within education. – Ryan Mclelland, The Bridge School, Islington, on achieving Artsmark Platinum