Frequently Asked Questions for Schools
Who Can Apply for Creative Schools Artsmark?
- Schools based in Barking and Dagenham, Islington, Newham, Redbridge, and Waltham Forest are eligible to apply for Creative Schools Artsmark in 2017/18
- Schools already registered for Artsmark who are keen to support their Artsmark journey by developing partnerships with East London culture and education organisations
- Schools not already registered for Artsmark who are keen to start their Artsmark journey and link into an exciting local network of 50+ East London culture and education partners
How much does the programme cost?
Creative Schools Artsmark has been designed as a membership programme in which all partners contribute towards programme sustainability through annual fees.
In 2017/18 the fees are as below:
- For schools already registered for Artsmark the cost is £350.00 (+VAT)
- For schools not already on the Artsmark journey the fee is £850.00 (+VAT) which covers the Creative Schools fee of £350.00 and the Artsmark fee of £500.00
The fee will be payable to the Barbican Centre as lead partner in the East London Cultural Education Partnership.
What does my school get?
- Two spaces on an Artsmark Development Day run by A New Direction, London’s leader in cultural education
- A bespoke menu of arts projects to select from that can support your school to fulfil your Artsmark priorities
- Support from our Arts Experts to commission the right projects for your school from across our network of East London arts practitioners and cultural organisations
- Termly networking events with culture and education leaders from across East London
- Two places at the annual Creative Schools Symposium in Autumn 2017 (value £75 per place)
- Direct access to opportunities and offers from 30+ cultural organisations from across East London – without having to send hundreds of emails!
How long will our membership last?
The Creative Schools Artsmark programme will run from April 2017 – March 2018. Delivery of projects commissioned through the programme can take place beyond these dates.
By joining Creative Schools Artsmark schools will be signed up to Artsmark and will be part of the Artsmark community. Schools must submit a Case Study within two years from the point of completing the Statement of Commitment. From the moment the school is awarded an Artsmark level, Silver, Gold or Platinum, the school will hold the Artsmark for a further two years.
Schools participating in the 2017/18 Creative Schools Artsmark programme will have the opportunity to build long term partnerships with arts organisations on their doorstep through a dynamic local network of 50+ East London culture and education organisations, and support the development and delivery of their Artsmark ambitions.
How many schools will take part?
In 2016/17 we worked with 17 schools. We are accepting applications to work with a similar number of East London schools in 2017/18.
Can my school take part if we are already registered for the Artsmark?
Yes! Schools already registered for the Artsmark Award can apply for the programme to connect with local arts organisations that can support them on the Artsmark journey.
The fee for schools already registered for the Artsmark Award is £350.00.
If you have already completed your Artsmark Development Day we will work with you to support plans and ambitions emerging from the session.
We have already signed up for Artsmark. What are the benefits of joining?
- Join a dynamic local partnership of 50+ East London culture and education organisations to support your Artsmark ambitions with high-quality projects from East London’s incredible creative opportunities
- Access support from our experienced staff to commission arts projects that meet your school’s needs, including a bespoke menu of arts projects to select from to support your Artsmark priorities
- Attend termly partnership events to build links and share practice with other teachers and arts leaders from your local area
- Two places at the Creative Schools Annual Symposium which last year attracted 140+ teachers and cultural organisations to Stratford Circus Arts Centre to take part in a day of talks, workshops, and professional development supporting innovative arts practice in schools (value £75 per place).
What other organisations are involved?
Meet our network of 50+ East London cultural organisations and education partners, including schools, arts practitioners, HE partners, local authorities, music education hubs, strategic partners and cultural providers representing all arts forms.
What kind of projects have taken place through Creative Schools?
Browse through our blog to find out about the programme including:
- Highlights of the 2016 programme
- Projects commissioned through Creative Schools including Filament Theatre’s work with 200 Y4 students to support creative literacy
- Conversations and learning shared through our Annual Symposium which brought together 140 arts and education leaders from across East London
How can I find out more about the Artsmark Award?
How can I find out more about Creative Schools Artsmark?
Say hello by emailing us at email@example.com!