Creative Schools Brokerage, led by Stratford Circus Arts Centre, worked with east London schools to support their needs and priorities through the arts by better connecting them with east London’s creative opportunities.
As part of the Creative Schools brokerage offer, teachers and senior leaders took part in needs analysis with the Creative Schools team to understand current cultural education practice in their school, identify top needs and priorities for school improvement, and align with the Artsmark journey.
Regular networking and partnership events provided additional opportunities for a broader range of east London schools to access the Creative Schools network of organisations and benefit from peer learning and knowledge exchange.
- 99 schools engaged in activities and events delivered through the brokerage offer
- 32 east London schools took part in needs assessment – half of these schools signed up to a joined up Creative Schools Artsmark in 2017/18
- 70 teachers accessed skills development, partnership and peer learning opportunities at the Creative Schools Symposium
- 39 cultural organisations proposed over 150 creative projects representing all art forms through the Creative Schools brokerage service
- 45 creative opportunities were delivered
- 5000+ children and young people participated in a creative opportunity through their school
School improvement through the arts
Explore some of the projects that took place through Creative Schools brokerage and the impacts for the children & young people, schools and cultural organisations involved:
- Building conﬁdence with an underserved primary school: St Mary’s Primary whole school project with Little Angel Theatre
- Adding value in an arts active secondary school: Youth leadership and accreditation opportunities with Sarah Bonnell School
- Supporting a cluster of schools to work together: Three Newham Primary Schools co-commission a literacy project
The Creative Schools Symposium brought together cultural and education leaders from across east London to celebrate and champion creativity in schools. The annual event celebrates creativity in east London schools, with a day of connecting, listening, and learning from experts and practitioners representing the diversity of east London’s cultural education offer
250 east London teachers, senior leaders, arts practitioners and cultural education experts came together at day long events held at Stratford Circus Arts Centre in 2016 and 2017.
Hear from Symposium participants in the below film and podcast!
Listen to east London teachers and education leaders inspiring stories of creativity in the classroom, shared as part of the 2017 Creative Schools Symposium.