Creative Schools + Colleges 2021 | a Slow Symposium:
Creative Schools + Colleges | 2021 a Slow Symposium
A series of workshops, discussions, provocations, and ideas sharing
spread out over 2 weeks this autumn
some online and some in-person
Monday to Thursday 8-18 November
Creative Schools + Creative Colleges has been addressing real-world problems and championing creativity within east London schools since 2015. In our last year with our current host Stratford Circus, the Symposium invites participation from schools, colleges and cultural organisations over two weeks of online and in-person practical sessions, discussion, debate, and networking.
This slow conference will aim to offer opportunities for teachers and cultural partners to explore relevance , creativity and equity in education in order to address current and future challenges.
It will give food for thought and practical skills, tools and ideas to take back into classrooms.
Here are some highlights of our packed programme
- Opening Keynote by Andria Zafirakou, Global Teacher Prize Winner
- Closing Keynote from Professor Bill Lucas, Professor of Learning and Director of the Centre for Real-World Learning
- Dance and Movement in Early Years and Foundation Stage: Led by Trinity Laban in partnership with THAMES Music Hub
- Race and Identity through Photography with Autograph Gallery
- SEND Network with Waltham Forest CEP
- Art and Sustainability for Primary with ArtsGeneration
- A survival Toolkit for Art Co-ordinators with Zenab Bhuta, Vicarage Primary School
- A Whole School approach to Wellbeing targeted at SLT and Governors with Barking and Dagenham CEP
- Links to the 20 Years of Artsmark Celebration and Teaching for Creativity led by A New Direction
- A network and teach meet with the Barbican
and of course a chance to meet the new Host of the Creative Schools+ Colleges Programme that will lead the programme into the new phase from December 2021 onwards.
See our full programme below
So many great workshops to choose from!
Need some more information about each one of them?
And there is more…
We have an array of video podcasts and soundbites for you all to share ideas, practice and inspiration